Did some testing with the P8 Ultra extender trying to replicate a fault a dealer is having out on site and managed to do so.
Equipment in use:
- Apple TV
- Tribs - Tributaries HDMI cable, HDMI 1.4, 1080p
- R.3 - Kordz R.3 HDMI 2.0 2160p 18GBps
- Arcam - Arcam AVR390 Recevier
- Lyngdorf - Lyngdorf MP-50 Processor
- 4x4 - Pulse-EIGHT neo:4
- Ultra - P8 Ultra Extender Kit
- Pro - P8 Pro Extender Kit
|Apple TV||Tribs||Ultra||Ultra||Tribs||Arcam||Fail||Slow flash green|
|Apple TV||Tribs||Pro||Pro||Tribs||Arcam||Pass||Solid Green|
|Apple TV||Tribs||Pro||Ultra||Tribs||Arcam||75% pass|
|Apple TV||Tribs||Ultra||Ultra||Tribs||4x4||50% pass|
|Apple TV||Tribs||Ultra||Ultra||R.3||4x4||50% pass|
|Apple TV||R.3||Ultra||Ultra||R.3||4x4||Pass||Solid Green|
|Apple TV||R.3||Ultra||Ultra||Tribs||4x4||Fail||Fast flashing green|
|Apple TV||R.3||Ultra||Ultra||R.3||Arcam||Fail||Slow flash green|
|Apple TV||R.3||Ultra||Ultra||R.3||Lyngdorf||Fail||Slow flash green|
Question - what's the difference between the fast flash on the Green light next to the HDBaseT port and a slow flash?
What it appears to point to is that individually, all the products are ok, they work fine, but:
- Using the Ultra extender kit into a receiver gives no picture
- Using the Pro Extender kit in place of the Ultra gives a picture
- Using a combination or ProTX and Ultra RX gives picture
- Using older cables suck
Interestingly, using your HDMI 4kDS unit to downscale the signal out of the Ultra extender kit before going into the Arcam produces a solid HDBaseT link, but no picture.
Anyway I do need some sort of solution for the Ultra extender kit into a Receiver, as that's the exact set up required in this solution.
Solution: Pulse-EIGHT recommend firmware upgrade
Would you be able to update the Ultra extender set, the instructions are in this link
This includes an application that is 61MB